What we collect
|WHAT WE COLLECT||HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION||HOW WE SHARE|
|Type of Information||Information You / Authorized Representative Provide (implicit or explicit consent)||Automatically Collected||Provide Service & Maintain Site||Research & Development||Marketing||Tele-Marketing||Marketing Profile||Service Providers||Other Companies|
|Contact Info (e.g. name, mailing address, phone/fax, email)||✔||✔||✔||OPT IN||OPT OUT||✔||✔|
|Financial Info (e.g. credit card & other payment info)||✔||✔||✔|
|Legal / Regulatory (e.g. occupation, source of funds, beneficial ownership, third party consent, identification info, legal entity documents)||✔||✔|
|Referral Information||✔||✔||✔||OPT IN||OPT OUT|
|Affiliates (e.g. banners, ads and hyperlinks that contain affiliate tracking codes)||✔||✔||✔|
|Consent for Electronic Communications (e.g. newsletters - optional)||OPT IN||OPT IN|
|Customer Feedback / Surveys (optional)||OPT IN||OPT IN||OPT IN||OPT IN|
|Market Research (optional)||OPT IN||OPT IN||OPT IN||OPT IN|
|Forums (SprottMoney.com - optional)||OPT IN|
|Sprott Money Mobile Apps (optional)||OPT IN||OPT IN||OPT IN||OPT IN||✔|
|Browsing Information (SprottMoney.com)||✔||✔||OPT OUT||✔||✔|
|Cookies (optional)||✔||✔||OPT OUT||OPT OUT||✔|
|Demographic Information (including orders)||✔||✔||✔||✔||OPT IN||OPT IN||✔||✔|
|Voice Calls / E-mails||✔||✔|
|Interests / Preferences**||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Google AdWords**||✔||OPT OUT||OPT OUT||✔|
|Google Analytics**||✔||✔||OPT OUT||OPT OUT||✔|
|Springbot***||✔||✔||OPT IN||OPT OUT||✔||✔|
✔ : Data is collected and used this way.
Opt in : Your data will not be used this way unless you opt-in.
Opt out : You can opt-out of this data use.
• : Data is not collected and used this way.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To Process your order.
- To establish your account and relationship with us.
- Respond to inquiries, complaints, concerns.
- To improve our products and services including website.
- To provide holiday cards or other customer appreciation items either directly or indirectly through our agents.
- To prevent fraud, criminal activity, abuse to protect us as well as other users.
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations including Proceeds of Crime and Terrorist Financing Act and regulations.
- If permitted by law, we may periodically send promotional information about new products or services, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- If you provide active opt-in express consent, we may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
- If applicable, we share this information with agents or service providers including shippers, credit card, banks or other payment service providers, storage custodians, technology service providers, marketing agencies and other similar service providers. Such agents and service providers may also collect, use and disclose information about you on our behalf.
- To collect a debt or enforce an obligation owed to us by you.
- If we license, sell or otherwise transfer the business, in whole or in part, to third parties.
- Information may be stored and/or processed outside Canada and may be subject to the laws of a foreign jurisdiction including but not limited to foreign governments, courts, law enforcement and regulatory agencies.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission to do so or are required by law to do so.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- When you register for our newsletter, you agree to receive promotional content. We will not use your email for any other purpose than to send you the newsletter.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com. Alternatively, you may unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time by clicking on the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our newsletters.
- See the various options listed below Google AdWords, Google Analytics and Springbot.
You may not choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- In the ordinary course of business e.g. to process your transaction, administer our site, customize our site for you by Sprott Money and companies who help us.
- As required by law including reporting required by FINTRAC, court order, search warrant or other demand or requires which we believe to be valid, or to comply with any other applicable law.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in keeping with industry standards and practices, and we regularly review and adjust these safeguards (including security and encryption methods) in response to advances in technology. We have entered into confidentiality agreements with certain service providers and all our employees, representatives, agents or independent contractors are expected to maintain the confidentiality of customer information.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies, if you prefer. Certain cookies such as super cookies and flash cookies are not always covered by these settings. However, this may prevent you accessing our secure services.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency.|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer ID with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID.|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|
*When you visit a page that uses Google AdWords, either on one of Google’s sites or one of our partners’ sites, various cookies may be sent to your browser. These may be set from a few different domains, including google.com, doubleclick.net, invitemedia.com, admeld.com, googlesyndication.com, or googleadservices.com. To learn about Google Ads, including how you can opt out of interest-based advertising from Google and other participating companies, visit the About Google Ads page. Ads Settings helps you control the ads by Google that you see across the web. Even if you opt out of interest-based ads, you may still see ads based on factors such as your general location derived from your IP address, your browser type, your computer or device and recent, previous searches related to your current search. Incognito mode in Chrome allows you to browse the web without recording webpages and files in your browser history. Cookies are deleted after you've closed all of your incognito windows and tabs, and your bookmarks and settings are stored until you delete them.
Our website uses analytics tools i.e. Google Analytics and thus, when you visit our site your web browser automatically sends certain information to Google. This includes, for example, the web address of the page that you're visiting and your IP address. Google may also set cookies on your browser, or read cookies that are already there. Similarly, our apps that partner with Google can send information such as the name of the app and an identifier that helps Google to determine which ads it served to other apps on your device. We will not (and will not allow any third party to) use Google Analytics to track, collect or upload any data that personally identifies an individual (such as a name, email address or billing information), or other data which can be reasonably linked to such information by Google. Information collected for analytics purposes goes outside of Canada to Google servers and may be processed in any country where Google operates servers and thus, data may be subject to the governing legislation of that country. For example, the USA Patriot Act. For further information about Google Analytics, please refer to the Google Analytics Terms of Service. If you don’t want Analytics to be used in your browser, you can install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on. Disabling Google Analytics will still permit you to access information or services from our websites.
For more information about how to control your personal information, please see the following privacy policies of Springbot’s partners:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/policies
Twitter - https://twitter.com/privacy?lang=en
Hootsuite - https://hootsuite.com/legal/privacy
Pinterest - https://about.pinterest.com/en/privacy-policy
Mailchimp - http://mailchimp.com/legal/
Google Analytics – http://www.google.ca/analytics/terms/us.html
Contacting Sprott Money
We encourage you to contact us with any questions, concerns or complaints with respect to your personal information.
If you believe that any personal information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us at the address below. We will correct any information found to be incorrect and notify any third parties as required by applicable laws.
You may request details of your personal information and we will provide you with access to your personal information with due diligence at minimal or no cost in accordance with applicable laws. We will provide you with a quote prior to access to your personal information. If you would like a copy of the personal information held by us, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sprott Money Ltd.
130 Queens Quay East, Suite 1224
Attention: Privacy Officer c/o Legal Department